Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OS Most like Chalet

2 posters

Go down

OS Most like Chalet Empty OS Most like Chalet

Post by JeffK969 Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:57 am

Hello All,
Since I'm a relative newbie (<1 yr on Linux), was wondering if any of you had opinions on this.

What Linux OS is most like Chalet..?

I've been doing some searches and visually, I see OpenMandriva and Mageia has some similarities,
but I'm looking more at the performance level.

I ask for I can only try so many, but thought maybe some more experienced users could help guide
me along the way..

Any Thoughts...?
JeffK969
JeffK969

Back to top Go down

OS Most like Chalet Empty Re: OS Most like Chalet

Post by Dits Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:18 am

Hey JeffK...i think what sets ChaletOS apart from most Distros is the style changer. I don't understand why other distros don't install that option as well.
As far as other distros similar to ChaletOS , most XFCE distros are close, apart from the style changer.

Myself, i have moved on to Mint (Cinnamon), and there are lots of themes available.
Good luck finding something that suits you.

Cheers.
Dits
Dits

http://chaletos.info

Back to top Go down

Post by JeffK969 Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:15 pm

Thanks Dits.   I have Mint 19 XFCE on my machine, used it to replace Chalet (which ran so much better than Windows 10 did on my Dell).  Also have Cinnamon on an old Gateway that replaced Vista. I really do like them both, but, it's hard to explain.  Maybe it's in my mind, but I truly believe Chalet ran smoother, functioned better, and obviously looked better..lol.  The little video down loader was awesome too.  Chalet to me, was the best I've used.  As far as my PC experience, Chalet and XP were the best 2 OS's ever.  Mint is very close, very.
I agree with you in regards to the style changer.  I had Chalet looking exactly how I wanted my PC to look.  Cross between XP and Modern. Haven't been able to replicate that look yet on mint. As Dejan stated in one of his post on here, there was logic behind some of what windows did, it just made sense.  Thats why I like the XP look and feel, just seems natural.  However, not a fan of microsoft and all the tracking, stealing of info. Chalet just ran, perfect.  Oh well...

Anyhoo, Thanks for taking the time...  Hope you're enjoying Mint too.
Maybe over time I'll learn more on how to tweak linus OS's to where Chalet was.  Just need to find the time...
Be Good
JeffK969
JeffK969

Back to top Go down

Post by Dits Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:19 pm

Jeff, like i said i use Linux Mint (Cinnamon) and  use a different theme called Cinamox-Heather which can be downloaded and installed through themes in mint...just select get more themes. I personally love this theme and added the same Conky (download Conky manager) as in ChaletOS

OS Most like Chalet Screen10
Dits
Dits

http://chaletos.info

Back to top Go down

Post by JeffK969 Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:29 am

I use Cinamox-Heather as well... Great minds...lol.. I also do like that wallpaper you selected..
JeffK969
JeffK969

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down