Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Distro for Windows Users

3 posters

:: Forum :: Your Story

Go down

Distro for Windows Users Empty Distro for Windows Users

Post by lala33 Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:27 pm

I was using Linux Mint 1.7 Cinnamon with windows xp theme and was satisfied with the performance.  Suddenly, one fine day, my laptop started heating up, I tried installing TLP but no use, then I read somewhere that there is a problem with that version for some laptop models.

I had to go back to Windows 8.1, recently after some updates, Windows became so slow I thought of going back to some good linux OS, I tried Evolve OS - Solus Beta and Fedora 22 but both of them crashed on my system.  I had seen lots of videos on ChaletOS and Linuxhelpguy had given a good review.  The Live CD was not impressive but I took a chance of installing it by deleting the windows partition.  The full installation was better compared to the live CD version.

Compared to Linux Mint, ChaletOS needs to be more friendly for windows migrants.  I was unable to set up multiple time zones in the clock and ended up installing screenlets which allows me to put any number of clocks on the desktop.

Looks like I will be staying with this distro for a long time to come...
lala33
lala33

Back to top Go down

Distro for Windows Users Empty Re: Distro for Windows Users

Post by DejanPetrovic Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:23 am

Welcome here.
DejanPetrovic
DejanPetrovic

Back to top Go down

Post by 2tuff Mon May 02, 2016 6:20 pm

Personally I've found that Linux isn't really for use on most laptops. Why? They all overheat like crazy with the most minor of actions even on XFCE systems like ChaletOS let alone the resource hogging KDE. I have a HP laptop and hate having to stick with Windows 8.1 but I have to admit Windows runs far cooler on it that any Linux. When you're trying to have electronics last a good life-span then you must always try to keep them at nice temperatures.
2tuff
2tuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down