Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ solved ] different UI for multiple users

2 posters

Go down

[ solved ] different UI for multiple users Empty [ solved ] different UI for multiple users

Post by akn Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:38 am

Hi,

I've installed Chalet for use on an old laptop. I have my own account plus three accounts for my children. The three secondary accounts don't show the same UI or menus as the main account. How can I enable the standard Chalet UI for my children's accounts?

ak

Last edited by James Tobin on Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:38 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : changed title &&& mark as solved)
akn
akn

Back to top Go down

[ solved ] different UI for multiple users Empty Re: [ solved ] different UI for multiple users

Post by James Tobin Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:47 am

I'm not sure why that would be happening. Generally the default settings would hold through for other standard accounts. I mean the original defaults. Have you installed other desktop environments? like GNOME 3, LXDE, MATE, etc.? Make sure xfce/xubuntu session is being loaded at login by hitting the button on the login screen to the left of en_US (unless en_US is not your language). if it is xfce is loading default it will be a mouse's head OR the letters XF. note that both the "xfce" and "xubuntu" options will look exactly the same, not sure why there are 2.

Please do me a favor and give me a screenshot of one of your children's accounts so I can determine the problem. Thanks!
James Tobin
James Tobin

https://tobinbridge.zohosites.com/

Back to top Go down

[ solved ] different UI for multiple users Empty Re: [ solved ] different UI for multiple users

Post by akn Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:06 am

Good evening,

Yes, I did find the button for loading either "xfce" or "xubuntu" sessions. Both options had the same result.

here are two screenshots:

[ solved ] different UI for multiple users Screen13

and the second

[ solved ] different UI for multiple users Screen12
akn
akn

Back to top Go down

Post by akn Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:08 am

p.s. No I didn't install any other desktop environments
akn
akn

Back to top Go down

Post by James Tobin Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:45 am

I'm really sorry for late reply. that's a standard xfce not standard chalet os. very strange. What I want you to do is log out and to the left of the en_US thing on the top bar it will either be a mouse's head or letters XF. click that and change it to the other option. Does that work? note that next login will automatically select last used usually.
James Tobin
James Tobin

Back to top Go down

Post by akn Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:20 pm

Good morning,

Last night or early this morning, I got a thought as to the problem. The problem is related to the multiple environments that you asked about previously.

This is a triple boot system (ChaletOS, Windows XP, Wasta Linux). I installed ChaletOS after Wasta because it seemed ChaletOS would be quicker (and is). I used a different logon id for myself but I used the same logon id for my children. It must have been using the settings in the home directory from Wasta. After deleting the children's ids from ChaletOS and adding new unique IDs, the UI looks as it should. The task bar is at the bottom and the menus are similar.

Thanks for your help. I'm sorry that I forgot that important detail about the other OS.

Tschuss,
ak
akn
akn

Back to top Go down

Post by James Tobin Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:37 am

no problem and I'm glad your problem is solved Smile Thank you for chossing Chalet OS, enjoy!
James Tobin
James Tobin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down