Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Issues displaying Hebrew conky Simple Info

3 posters

Go down

Issues displaying Hebrew conky Simple Info Empty Issues displaying Hebrew conky Simple Info

Post by chamen Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:14 am

Hebrew is a right to left language, meaning that the first letter on a line goes to the left and not the right as in English. As you can see here Issues displaying Hebrew conky Simple Info Conky the letters are displayed in reverse order. That would be as if September was written as rebmetpeS. How can I correct that?
chamen
chamen

Back to top Go down

Issues displaying Hebrew conky Simple Info Empty Re: Issues displaying Hebrew conky Simple Info

Post by James Tobin Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:55 am

sorry for late reply, wasn't correctly notified by the forum bot Sad

This problem is caused by a bad font. Try changing your font to a better one by searching for a good Hebrew font for Ubuntu. If that's what you did, the font you got is not good.
James Tobin
James Tobin

https://tobinbridge.zohosites.com/

Back to top Go down

Issues displaying Hebrew conky Simple Info Empty Re: Issues displaying Hebrew conky Simple Info

Post by chamen Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:23 am

I can't find the place where I can change the font. It is not in the setting as it is in Ubuntu.
chamen
chamen

Back to top Go down

Post by James Tobin Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:29 am

for the conky, the only way to change it may by editing the ~/.conkyrc file. Not exactly sure.
James Tobin
James Tobin

https://tobinbridge.zohosites.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by AlanT Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:14 pm

First things first you need to have the Hebrew locale libraries installed to get them to display correctly. After that it is a conky issue. I am looking into how to show the font properly. When I do I'll post a screenshot. I get the same result the font is in reverse order. The OS displays it correctly in the calendar but not so in conky!

Last edited by AlanT on Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : More info)
AlanT
AlanT

Back to top Go down

Post by chamen Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:14 pm

Thank you for your help. I was testing this distro and have since decided to move on to Kubuntu.
chamen
chamen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down