Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HDAjackretask issues with ChaletOS and others

Go down

HDAjackretask issues with ChaletOS and others Empty HDAjackretask issues with ChaletOS and others

Post by 2tuff Mon May 02, 2016 5:35 pm

When I use the 14.04 LXLE, Voyager 14.04 and Xubuntu 14.04 I have no problem with turning my mic jack into a headphone socket utilizing the HDAjackretask. If I use most other 14.04 distributions including ChaletOS I just cannot get the software to reverse the ports. Now I've found that Voyager 16.04, Xubuntu 16.04 no longer allows the reversal. I tried ChaletOS 16.04 and it continues to not allow the re-tasking. I'm confused why some Ubuntu based distros allowed this to work whilst others did not. For now I'm having to continue with Voyager Linux 14.04 but I would like to try ChaletOS 16.04 if I could get it to work with this sound. Why do I need this? Well my headphone socket is broke and so I need to use the mic jack. All I get right now is that the "tee: /sys/class/sound/hwC0D0/reconfig: Device or resource busy". Does anyone have a clue as I'm getting no joy with the web its mostly repetitive stuff which doesn't work.
2tuff
2tuff

Back to top Go down

HDAjackretask issues with ChaletOS and others Empty Re: HDAjackretask issues with ChaletOS and others

Post by 2tuff Wed May 04, 2016 12:57 pm

THIS PROBLEM HAS BEEN SOLVED ----

What I had to do was not real-time test the pin change attempt but instead just tick my needs then tell it to straight install to boot.  Once I did a fresh boot the pin change occurred and my headphones worked in the microphone jack.  What I did noticed was that when the headphones were in the use then so was the speakers in the PC which doesn't normally happen when I use my 14.04 Voyager, LXLE etc.  So I had to go back into HDAJackRetask and also select the speakers and tell them to turn off then install to boot again.  Hope this helps with others suffering a similar problem with this Alsa-tools-gui based software.
2tuff
2tuff

Back to top Go down