Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

installing deb package

3 posters

Go down

installing deb package Empty installing deb package

Post by peter2005 Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:30 pm

I'm unable to install Vivaldi browser deb package to newest 16.04 ChaletOS. When I click 'install' button label changes to 'installing' for a 2 seconds and that's all , no message, nothing. On the other hand the same installation package works well on previous 14.04 OS version.
peter2005
peter2005

Back to top Go down

installing deb package Empty Re: installing deb package

Post by peter2005 Sun May 01, 2016 4:28 am

the same apply to other deb packages confused confused confused confused confused
peter2005
peter2005

Back to top Go down

Post by 2tuff Mon May 02, 2016 5:43 pm

I ran into this problem and if I recall it's tied to this new Ubuntu install program (which I dislike and it has a connection to Gnome).  I managed to install Vivaldi just fine with the Gdebi software.  So first of all make sure you've updated your ChaletOS (go into terminal then type 'sudo apt-get update') once you've updated then utilize your file manager and located the Vivaldi deb package. Now right click on the .deb file and choose 'open with' then 'application installer'.  Personally I stay clear of that new installer and instead I stick with Synaptic/Terminal and Gdebi.
2tuff
2tuff

Back to top Go down

Post by peter2005 Fri May 06, 2016 5:13 am

yes, it's Ubuntu 16.04 Install program problem, I managed to do it with Terminal
peter2005
peter2005

Back to top Go down

Post by James Tobin Sun May 08, 2016 12:11 am

I have same problem. You can also right click and select "open with" then select "application installer" (gdebi) or "application center" (software manager).

hope this helps!
James Tobin
James Tobin

https://tobinbridge.zohosites.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down