Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The best Linux distro is ChaletOS and, or Sparkylinux and, or OpenSUSE?

+6
Sotelach
2tuff
Dits
beun
efbe
xyis1
10 posters

Go down

The best Linux distro is ChaletOS and, or Sparkylinux and, or OpenSUSE? Empty The best Linux distro is ChaletOS and, or Sparkylinux and, or OpenSUSE?

Post by xyis1 Tue May 05, 2015 12:00 pm

The best Linux distro is ChaletOS and, or Sparkylinux and, or OpenSUSE?

Sparkylinux is fast, stable, out of the box, responsive, rolling release well supported install it and forget it linux distro.

OpenSUSE is also stable and you install all Desktop Environments without breaking the system which is not possible elsewhere.

I installed ChaletOS 64 bit on 1 GB RAM dual core desktop and it uses less RAM around 400-600 MB, this feat couldn't be achieved in other Linux distros.

According to me ChaletOS is the Linux distro that wins, it has all the goodies of Ubuntu and is actually faster and more responsive than Ubuntu or other Linux distros.

ChaletOS wins the battle.

I made over 400 Posts and I'm a senior member at sparkylinux forum and now I believe ChaletOS is ahead of Sparkylinux.

Long live ChaletOS.

Last edited by xyis1 on Fri May 08, 2015 7:43 am; edited 2 times in total
xyis1
xyis1

http://xyis1.blogspot.in/

Back to top Go down

The best Linux distro is ChaletOS and, or Sparkylinux and, or OpenSUSE? Empty Re: The best Linux distro is ChaletOS and, or Sparkylinux and, or OpenSUSE?

Post by efbe Tue May 05, 2015 5:42 pm

I have only been trying Linux for about 2 years, i tried a few Distros, i used Zorin OS mostly until i found ChaletOS about 1 month ago. Very nice and everything i need it to do.
Well done to the developer.
cheers
efbe
efbe

Back to top Go down

The best Linux distro is ChaletOS and, or Sparkylinux and, or OpenSUSE? Empty Re: The best Linux distro is ChaletOS and, or Sparkylinux and, or OpenSUSE?

Post by beun Thu May 07, 2015 7:18 am

xyis1 wrote:The best Linux distro is ChaletOS and, or Sparkylinux and, or OpenSUSE?

Long live ChaletOS.

PCLinux is also really nice but developed for more sophisticated hardware...
beun
beun

Back to top Go down

Post by beun Thu May 07, 2015 7:20 am

efbe wrote:I have only been trying Linux for about 2 years, i tried a few Distros, i used Zorin OS mostly until i found ChaletOS about 1 month ago. Very nice and everything i need it to do.
cheers

I agree: Chalet OS offers just a little more than Zorin...
beun
beun

Back to top Go down

Post by Dits Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:22 pm

beun wrote:
efbe wrote:I have only been trying Linux for about 2 years, i tried a few Distros, i used Zorin OS mostly until i found ChaletOS about 1 month ago. Very nice and everything i need it to do.
cheers

I agree: Chalet OS offers just a little more than Zorin...

With Zorin 10 RC out, i downloaded and tried the 64 bit version and it works well off a live USB and i like it..  . Iove the red and black theme. I'm still sticking with ChaletOS as my no 1 OS.  Smile

The best Linux distro is ChaletOS and, or Sparkylinux and, or OpenSUSE? Screen13
Dits
Dits

http://chaletos.info

Back to top Go down

Post by 2tuff Mon May 02, 2016 6:33 pm

ChaletOS, Voyager Linux, Manjaro XFCE and KDEneon.
2tuff
2tuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sotelach Thu May 05, 2016 8:26 am

Still keeping my ChaletOS.

Just loaded up Voyager 16.04, it is still all a bit of a mess mess in my opinion. The wallpapers trying so hard to be trendy but they end up jarring on the eye. The default panels either side of the desktop are, erm, a disaster, what are they thinking of.
I shudder to think what anyone new to the distro thinks when it loads first time, probably, wow, what is all of this stuff and why is it there. I, possibly like many others, get no further than the default home screen and leave.

Never tried Zorin or sparky but will have a look at both.
Sotelach
Sotelach

Back to top Go down

Post by James Tobin Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:33 pm

zorin's pretty but very buggy. It finally got to be too much :<
James Tobin
James Tobin

https://tobinbridge.zohosites.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sotelach Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:26 am

Just installed luninuxos, wow
Nothing more to add.
Sotelach
Sotelach

Back to top Go down

Post by James Tobin Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:59 am

basically just another GNOME 3 interface achievable anywhere. Although I really do love Gnome 3 Smile
James Tobin
James Tobin

Back to top Go down

Post by James Tobin Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:20 pm

I tried makulu linux and I really liked it. It has great integration with windows themes
James Tobin
James Tobin

Back to top Go down

Post by Memorial Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:10 am

Why's nobody dare to compare with Mint?
It's also funny why Mint doesn't aware about ChaletOS presence?
Chalet has been wide discussion on youtube & other Linux forums But nobody on Mint forum ever mention about Chalet 0 topic.  They always mention about other distro except Chalet.  At this rate Chalet will devour windows refugees away from Mint until become the 1rst rank distro.  Basketball

That Linux is not windows thread will cause that trigger to Chalet. Once Chalet become known wide I'm sure Chalet will become a recommendation to Windows refugees rather than Mint, Zorin, Ubuntu or Peppermint.
Memorial
Memorial

Back to top Go down

Post by James Tobin Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:16 am

I dare say it will be hard for Chalet OS to catch up to Linux Mint but that may easily happen. It's definitely more beautiful then mint Smile and great point, thanks for sharing Smile
James Tobin
James Tobin

Back to top Go down

Post by Poop Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:51 am

Id much rather see Chalet based off debian or sparkylinux than any thing *buntu based. I use to love linux mint but since they and every one else switched to 16.04 things have went downhill. So I switched back to arch.

ChaletOS looks great the dev's did a wonderful job there. Id just like to see them migrate away from *buntu. ChaletOS Arch based sounds like a dream.
Poop
Poop

Back to top Go down

Post by James Tobin Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:03 am

You could probably build a Chalet OS with a debian base with the same DE and utilities. Or you could get the original 14.04 version of Chalet OS from sourceforge.
James Tobin
James Tobin

Back to top Go down

Post by Poop Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:48 am

Is there any where I  can get the style changer? I can only find the old 14.04 beta one. I have tweaked chalet a little bit. it still looks great but while at idle instead of using like 14% memory on my laptop its down to 8%. Even with all the tweaks I have done it still feel's clunky compared to debian or arch. I don't blame the devs for this its the same way with anything running *buntu 16.04.

Last edited by Poop on Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Poop
Poop

Back to top Go down

Post by James Tobin Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:53 am

there's a 14.04 stable... I wouldn't go for beta.

the style changer is made by Dejan Petrovic the developer. I do not believe he has released any source code for it. He only includes it with Chalet OS.
James Tobin
James Tobin

Back to top Go down

Post by Poop Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:01 am

James Tobin wrote:there's a 14.04 stable... I wouldn't go for beta.

the style changer is made by Dejan Petrovic the developer. I do not believe he has released any source code for it. He only includes it with Chalet OS.

Meh I figured as much.. Oh well guess ill stick with arch and debian until this distro matures more by moving away from ubuntu. Kinda sad something that looks this great is based off a distro that imho is pure garbage.
Poop
Poop

Back to top Go down

Post by James Tobin Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:12 am

I would say that 14.04 stable is good enough without a style changer...
James Tobin
James Tobin

Back to top Go down

Post by Detroit_Bad_Boy Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:20 am

James Tobin wrote:zorin's pretty but very buggy. It finally got to be too much :<

Agreed. I tried it, installed the display drivers and I could not do anything with the system after that
Detroit_Bad_Boy
Detroit_Bad_Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by James Tobin Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:21 am

I had problems with zorin myself
James Tobin
James Tobin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down