Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

USB not showing as a boot option

2 posters

Go down

USB not showing as a boot option Empty USB not showing as a boot option

Post by dkelly61 Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:26 pm

I have a new HP Pavilion laptop running Windows 8.1 and I would like to install ChaletOS on it. The problem is the USB is not showing up as an option to boot to. I know how to enter boot options, that's not an issue. I have tried other distros such as Ubuntu, Ubuntu Mate, Elementary and all have boot to the USB as expected. ChaletOS will not. During boot I press the esc key then F9 for boot options and with the other distros the USB shows up as an option but with ChaletOS the USB option is not there. I have tried creating the USB with Start up Disk creater, DDRescue, Netbootin(both in Linux and windows) and Windows USB tool with the same results. I have also burned to dvd and that will not boot either. I like the look and feel of Chalet as I have it on my desktop so hopefully someone will have an answer for me. Thanks.
dkelly61
dkelly61

Back to top Go down

USB not showing as a boot option Empty Re: USB not showing as a boot option

Post by Dits Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:50 pm

I had a similar problem trying to get my new Acer pc (pre loaded with win 8.1) to boot from dvd, i managed to disable secure boot and it still wouldn't work... then i read some where about enabling legacy or disabling legacy in the Bios, so i went back into the Bios and changed something to do with Legacy, i can't remember how i did it (must have fluked it) but now it boots up via dvd ok, haven't tried a usb yet.
Dits
Dits

http://chaletos.info

Back to top Go down