Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gnu grub always on reboot screen, get rid of.

3 posters

Go down

Gnu grub always on reboot screen, get rid of. Empty Gnu grub always on reboot screen, get rid of.

Post by fred Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:40 pm

How to boot directly to chalet? Reboot goes to gnu grub screen. Have only chalet on h.p. netbook with a 480g ssd drive. Thanks Very new to Linux syntax is had to learn.
fred
fred

Back to top Go down

Gnu grub always on reboot screen, get rid of. Empty Re: Gnu grub always on reboot screen, get rid of.

Post by Dai_trying Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:50 am

You can edit the file /etc/default/grub and change the value of GRUB_TIMEOUT to be 0 and that should do the trick

Code:
sudo nano /etc/default/grub

change the timeout line, then press ctrl-x and then y and then enter.
then issue the command

Code:
sudo update-grub

When the update has finished reboot and the grub screen should not appear (or it will disappear very quickly).
Dai_trying
Dai_trying

Back to top Go down

Gnu grub always on reboot screen, get rid of. Empty Re: Gnu grub always on reboot screen, get rid of.

Post by fred Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:54 am

No did not fix, still gnu grub version 2.02~beta2-36unbuntu3. Minimal bash with grub> òn screen, enter exit then get boot manger. Trying to get rid of these steps. Thank you.

fred
fred

Back to top Go down

Post by Dai_trying Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:19 pm

Hmmm... You get a grub prompt first?
If that is the case then I would guess grub is not installed correctly or it is set up in a manner to which I am not accustomed. I never see the grub prompt on any of my systems unless grub has encountered an error booting up and requires some manual intervention.
You could try re-installing grub to see if that fixes the problem with
Code:
sudo grub-install /dev/sda
This is assuming your boot drive is sda, if it is something else set it to whatever is your boot device.
Dai_trying
Dai_trying

Back to top Go down

Post by James Tobin Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:14 pm

please run "sudo gedit /etc/default/grub" and paste the results here.
James Tobin
James Tobin

https://tobinbridge.zohosites.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down