Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dual boot on Windows with USB (open to suggestions)

3 posters

Go down

Dual boot on Windows with USB (open to suggestions) Empty Dual boot on Windows with USB (open to suggestions)

Post by danielson Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:49 pm

I would like to keep my laptop SSD intact and have been pondering the possibility of booting ChaletOS via USB instead of dual booting within Windows.

With the help of EasyBCD (or other means) i think it can be done fairly easily.
Would prefer option at boot time with USB but without tinkering Windows BIOS.
Is this feasible?

The advantage(s)?
1. PortableApps are nice in Windows but you can't password protect your USB device.
2. If someone (or yourself) have virus issues, booting in Linux can be a way to resolve the problems.
3. No worries about modifying Windows MBR etc.
danielson
danielson

Back to top Go down

Dual boot on Windows with USB (open to suggestions) Empty Re: Dual boot on Windows with USB (open to suggestions)

Post by beun Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:49 pm

You don't need a USB stick. Linux can be installed alongside Windows. Even Windows 10! I did it yesterday. It works like a charm!
beun
beun

Back to top Go down

Dual boot on Windows with USB (open to suggestions) Empty Re: Dual boot on Windows with USB (open to suggestions)

Post by danielson Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:47 pm

In case you missed the opening request:
"I would like to keep my laptop SSD intact and have been pondering the possibility of booting ChaletOS via USB instead of dual booting within Windows."
danielson
danielson

Back to top Go down

Post by ooseven Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:11 am

danielson wrote:In case you missed the opening request:
"I would like to keep my laptop SSD intact and have been pondering the possibility of booting ChaletOS via USB instead of dual booting within Windows."

You can, but I would dual boot it. I'm running a ssd also. No slow downs.

With it installed you can do much more with it without figuring how to
save your session.
ooseven
ooseven

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down