Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to add another conky?

4 posters

Go down

How to add another conky? Empty How to add another conky?

Post by dancaer69 Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:34 pm

Hello,
I installed chaletos yesterday and I tried to add another conky instance in autostart, but it doesn't start and causes the configured conky from ChaletOS style changer to don't start also. If I open the style changer the conky is selected and starts if I press the apply button and I can start my custom conky from terminal too.

EDIT:
If I instead put a script which starts my conky after some seconds, then my conky starts but the configured from style changer still doesn't start. If I start it via apply button, then it starts but kills my conky instance.
dancaer69
dancaer69

Back to top Go down

How to add another conky? Empty Re: How to add another conky?

Post by Dai_trying Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:07 am

What I have done is created a script to start my conkies and then changed the startup manager item named "Start ChaletOS desktop clock(Start only one ChaletOS desktop clock and system monitor)" in "Settings -> Session and Startup -> Applications Autostart" to point to my script and everything runs peachy Smile
Dai_trying
Dai_trying

Back to top Go down

Post by bluphoenyx Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:14 am

You could also do this through the control panel settings. Look for an icon called 'Session and Startup' There is a tab for application autostart that provides great control for this function including the ability to add scripts, conkys or whatever is required every time the desktop restarts.
bluphoenyx
bluphoenyx

Back to top Go down

Post by Dai_trying Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:36 am

Yes, The reason I change the "Start ChaletOS desktop clock(Start only one ChaletOS desktop clock and system monitor)" is to prevent the standard .conkyrc from being started as well as my personal conkies (which I moved to another folder).
Dai_trying
Dai_trying

Back to top Go down

Post by James Tobin Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:13 am

James Tobin
James Tobin

https://tobinbridge.zohosites.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down