Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you still using ChaletOS

+4
ap yorweth
oxo42
James Tobin
Dits
8 posters

Go down

Do you still use ChaletOS or another Distro?

Are you still using ChaletOS Vote_lcap14%Are you still using ChaletOS Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 1 ]
Are you still using ChaletOS Vote_lcap43%Are you still using ChaletOS Vote_rcap 43% 
[ 3 ]
Are you still using ChaletOS Vote_lcap43%Are you still using ChaletOS Vote_rcap 43% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 7

Are you still using ChaletOS Empty Are you still using ChaletOS

Post by Dits Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:56 am

Just wondering if members here are still using ChaletOS as their main Linux Distro. As we have not heard from the developer for nearly 12 months, i think it will no longer be developed. ChaletOS is now classed as a dormant distribution according to Distrowatch.com, which now makes it very hard for a newbie to find. This forum is not getting any traffic, so my impressions are many have moved on.

Personally i have moved to Linux Mint Cinnamon, but hoping an update to a new version of ChaletOS will be available one day. Although the current version will still receive updates until 2018 - 2019.  

Please vote and tell us if you still using ChaletOS or you have moved on to another Distro, and  if you want, please explain why you have moved away from ChaletOS.

Last edited by Dits on Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:11 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : add option to poll)
Dits
Dits

http://chaletos.info

Back to top Go down

Are you still using ChaletOS Empty Re: Are you still using ChaletOS

Post by James Tobin Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:59 am

1. the next LTS doesn't come until 2018 in april so don't be in a rush for a new release of chaletos
2. 16.04 is supported until 2021
James Tobin
James Tobin

https://tobinbridge.zohosites.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dits Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:03 am

The problem is, the developer has gone missing, you would think he would post something on his ChaletOS + Google site which seems dead as a door nail. Smile
Dits
Dits

Back to top Go down

Post by James Tobin Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:04 am

you never know, he might wake up sometime in 2018 Wink
James Tobin
James Tobin

Back to top Go down

Post by James Tobin Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:07 am

it doesn't let me undo my vote, I added an option for a secondary distro but I cant change my vote :\
James Tobin
James Tobin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dits Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:13 am

James Tobin wrote:it doesn't let me undo my vote, I added an option for a secondary distro but I cant change my vote :\

Try it now James, you should be able to delete your current vote and try again.
Dits
Dits

Back to top Go down

Post by James Tobin Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:11 pm

thanks
James Tobin
James Tobin

Back to top Go down

Are you still using ChaletOS Empty RE: Are you still using chaletos

Post by oxo42 Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:44 am

Hi
    I really hope it continues for many a year yet / for me it is one of the best looking and easy to use Distro's out there particularly for beginners / I for one would be very sorry to see it,s demise.
oxo42
oxo42

Back to top Go down

Post by ap yorweth Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:30 am

have been using chaletos since august 2014 as main os on laptop for me its the best Linux disto one could choose to leave windows for good /it,s such an easy distro to use and i for one will continue to use,all thanks to Dejan Petiovic
ap yorweth
ap yorweth

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:27 am

I can't believe this forum is still going, although no one posts anymore, which suggests almost every one has moved on to other Distros.
ChaletOS is dead in the water and what i hate is developers making a decent Linux OS, getting a decent fan base and then never to be heard of again leaving members in limbo.
Sorry, but I've moved on to Linux Mint.
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by daniel Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:55 pm

I just returned to ChaletOS a few weeks ago, even if it is (probably) no longer maintained by the developer. After replacing my HDD with a SSD I decided to try other distributions but did not really like any of them. Mint Cinnamon was close but I did not like the looks of their vertical task bar (I am picky about this feature).
My main OS is still Windows 7, though, and will probably be until end of support. Using iTunes is a must for me and I prefer Adobe Photoshop over any Linux alternative (sorry, guys).
daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by naseeb Tue May 08, 2018 1:47 pm

Started using ChaletOS a month ago, it was my main distro for 2 weeks, when returned to Linux Mint because of sound problem. I will re-install ChaletOS because its interface is so close to Windows, though I would prefer a faster mouse movement and an option to selective update of my system like Linux Mint. I don't use much apps now a days since I shifted to Linux last January. ChaletOS is OK for me if no big issue like sound problem intervenes.
naseeb
naseeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sotelach Tue May 15, 2018 9:25 pm

Just thought I would pop back in to to say HI and add my two pennies worth to the conversation.
No, not currently using chaletos, just started with voyager which is good.

My problem with chaletos stemmed from the apparent lack of concern or interest in chaletos's users from its developer. I fully understand it is/was his project and his alone but we all know that it takes but two minutes to add a post online to update users regarding its updates/continuation. Why promote something online/distrowatch etc as if it did not really exist for anyone else to use or be concerned about using it. He obviously made it to show others and for others to use. Yes, people will moan about anything, free or otherwise but that is life and to be expected in reality.
Many like me, found this unacceptable when we were told in no uncertain terms by him and so walked away, he did not care about its users or the actual os.
Now, if there is an epiphany and things change, I will gladly be back to give it another try, help and even encourage others to try but that enthusiasm was soon stamped out last time.
Sotelach
Sotelach

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down