Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Distrowatch.com

2 posters

Go down

Distrowatch.com Empty Distrowatch.com

Post by thechosenone Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:13 am

Hi James,
I went on Distrowatch.com and found the Chalet OS is Dormant. There's No Link or Chalet OS. Is Chalet OS still on the Go?
I wen to Linux Mint and Downloaded and installed their 18.02 OS. Sad
thechosenone
thechosenone

Back to top Go down

Distrowatch.com Empty Re: Distrowatch.com

Post by James Tobin Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:33 am

Chaletos is not dead because it uses Ubuntu repos to stay updated. Chalet os tends to stick with Lts releases, the next of which comes in April of 2018. So don't expect another major release of Chaletos until 2018. I'm on mobile now but I'll check the distrowatch page when I get home.
James Tobin
James Tobin

https://tobinbridge.zohosites.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by James Tobin Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:03 am

alright i checked. this is a DIRECT QUOTE from Distrowatch.com about "dormant" releases:

Code:

A distribution which has not put out a new release in two or more years is marked as being Dormant in our database. The distribution may still be worked on, but has not published any new stable releases. When a dormant distribution publishes a new stable release it is then marked as being Active.

The Discontinued status is reserved for projects which are no longer being developed. There is no outward activity and no roadmap for new releases.

We often receive e-mails from projects which have been Dormant and plan future releases (or from fans of dormant projects) asking us to update the distro's status to Active. This will be done automatically when a new stable release is published.

I dont think ChaletOS has been discontinued, and come 2018 when a new release of ubuntu rolls out there should be an update. wont be right away (April), could be 1-3 months after release, but it should eventually be out.
James Tobin
James Tobin

https://tobinbridge.zohosites.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down