Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to show the window titles on DockBarX?

2 posters

Go down

How to show the window titles on DockBarX? Empty How to show the window titles on DockBarX?

Post by cosmicdan Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:41 am

Hi,

Just recently installed latest ChaletOS, moved over from Kubuntu. As someone who usually uses Windows but relies on Linux for development, this is a nice distro that I hope to keep!

I'm wondering, though, how to show the window titles on the window list panel i.e. DockBarX ala Windows 7 instead of just the icon? I have looked at it's config (Right Click > Properties) and Googled for a solution to no avail. I am guessing this is a customization made by ChaletOS itself - I considered removing and purging dockbarx but am worried that that would loose some good stuff that I want to keep.

Thanks!
cosmicdan
cosmicdan

Back to top Go down

How to show the window titles on DockBarX? Empty Re: How to show the window titles on DockBarX?

Post by James Tobin Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:45 am

open xfce panel switcher (search the menu) and switch it from docbar x to xfce default.
James Tobin
James Tobin

https://tobinbridge.zohosites.com/

Back to top Go down

How to show the window titles on DockBarX? Empty Re: How to show the window titles on DockBarX?

Post by cosmicdan Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:51 am

James Tobin wrote:open xfce panel switcher (search the menu) and switch it from docbar x to xfce default.

Perfect, top support! Minor correction though - changing to "CharletOS-default" was the one that solved it.

I'm quite surprised nobody has asked how to do this before. Anyway, thanks again!
cosmicdan
cosmicdan

Back to top Go down

Post by James Tobin Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:36 am

no problem, also sorry for getting the name right, i was on mobile, not on chaletos lol!
James Tobin
James Tobin

https://tobinbridge.zohosites.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down