Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

libreoffice strange behaviour

2 posters

Go down

libreoffice strange behaviour Empty libreoffice strange behaviour

Post by ouvirativo Sat May 23, 2015 11:53 pm

Hi
first of all I like to say that a appreciate very much this distro, Thank a lot!. It is almost perfect for me. The only issue a have been dealing with for quite a while is a strange font behaviour of LibreOffice. I had to install it to access a lot of odt, odp, ods and odb files a have. When zooming in/out some fonts become bold inside a word and even in the app menu. Some time 80% is ok, 90% is a mess or in any other % . This is quite annoying and happens only with this app. I tried several edition of LO but none of the solve the problem. In other distros I used (mint, suse, debian) I never had such a thing. I very much appreciate if some one can explain why that happen or (better) have a solution for it.
ACER aspire 5920 / nvidia 8600w GS
thank you.
marcelo
ouvirativo
ouvirativo

Back to top Go down

libreoffice strange behaviour Empty Re: libreoffice strange behaviour

Post by DejanPetrovic Sun May 24, 2015 4:10 pm

Try this two things:
1. Try diferent graphic drivers (settings >> aditional drivers...)
2. Try WPS office (you have link for it on our ChaletOS main website >> recomended apps or blog)
DejanPetrovic
DejanPetrovic

Back to top Go down

Post by ouvirativo Tue May 26, 2015 6:13 am

Hi Dejan
Thank's for your reply.
I will try other drivers and let you know if that solved the problem.
Regarding WPS unfortunately it can't handle odt, odp, ods and odb files. I see the point in having WPS as a "bridge" for those who come from windows world into linux. But for me at the moment it is useless.
Beside this minor issue, I must say that ChaletOS is a wonderful distro! nice, clean, fast and stable. You did a great work.
Best regards

ouvirativo
ouvirativo

Back to top Go down

Post by ouvirativo Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:20 am

Hi
Just to update the issue...
I tried diferent card drivers but the problem is still there. A test was made in two other machines (acer-one and a generic desktop). Unfortunately I found also the same behaviour. Here are links to the print screens (zoom at 100%, 90% and 75%)

http://www.ouvirativo.com.br/data/Screenshot_100.png
http://www.ouvirativo.com.br/data/Screenshot_90.png
http://www.ouvirativo.com.br/data/Screenshot_75.png

I'm just a regular user, but if there is something I can do to help solving that issue I will do my best.

Thanks

ouvirativo
ouvirativo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down