Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fuji Zerox printer drivers help

2 posters

Go down

Fuji Zerox printer drivers help Empty Fuji Zerox printer drivers help

Post by bernie Thu May 21, 2015 11:45 am

I need help... i have installed ChaletOS on a neighbours pc and all is going well apart from the printer.

It's a Fuji Xerox DocuPrint CP105b

I have gone to printers, add and the printer shows it's there but no driver installed so it won't print.

Is there a driver for this model? and if so, how do i install it in an easy way i can understand because i'm not that smart with Linux just yet.

If i can get the printer to work, we will have new people breaking away from Microsoft and into the world of Linux. But the printer has to work as it's not a cheap one and it's important that it must work because my neighbours work from home using their pc and printer.

Thank you.
bernie
bernie

Back to top Go down

Fuji Zerox printer drivers help Empty Re: Fuji Zerox printer drivers help

Post by Dits Fri May 22, 2015 10:11 am

I did a bit of researching and unfortunately that printer does not seem to be compatible with Linux. There was one site i stumbled upon which might provide the driver but at a cost using a credit card... I lost the link to that site.

But if you want to continue using Linux and ChaletOS first.. there are a lot of low cost printers on the market that are compatible with Linux.

Most Epson, Brother and Cannon printers are popular with Linux. Just do a little research for compatibility before purchasing and you should be good to go.

Cheers.
Dits
Dits

http://chaletos.info

Back to top Go down

Post by bernie Fri May 22, 2015 3:12 pm

Thanks Dits.... it looks like some printer drivers are a problem with Linux.

So we have decided to get another printer. I’ve seen some online that are reasonable in price and Linux compatible.

Problem solved.
bernie
bernie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down