Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

XAMPP, LAMP, localhost on ChaletOS is it possible?

3 posters

Go down

XAMPP, LAMP, localhost on ChaletOS is it possible? Empty XAMPP, LAMP, localhost on ChaletOS is it possible?

Post by madmalc Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:56 am

I really like ChaletOS , it's almost a perfect replacement for Windows, especially those who are still running XP. However it is a bit more complicated to get some of the bits working. I;m on a 32bit system and I'm going nuts trying to set up a localhost for Wordpress development. Does anyone know a simple way to achieve this? I dream of finding a Linux Distro that includes it as standard.

Malcolm
madmalc
madmalc

Back to top Go down

XAMPP, LAMP, localhost on ChaletOS is it possible? Empty Re: XAMPP, LAMP, localhost on ChaletOS is it possible?

Post by James Tobin Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:03 am

have you installed wordpress? or are you looking for installation instructions? In case you haven't you can find instructions https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-install-wordpress-on-ubuntu-12-04
James Tobin
James Tobin

https://tobinbridge.zohosites.com/

Back to top Go down

XAMPP, LAMP, localhost on ChaletOS is it possible? Empty Re: XAMPP, LAMP, localhost on ChaletOS is it possible?

Post by Dai_trying Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:50 pm

I think you want to install a LAMP server, so maybe a better link woould be this Ubuntu LAMP install and then follow james's link.
Dai_trying
Dai_trying

Back to top Go down

XAMPP, LAMP, localhost on ChaletOS is it possible? Empty The LAMp looks good and fairly easy....problem at step #3

Post by madmalc Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:55 am

Dai_trying wrote:I think you want to install a LAMP server, so maybe a better link woould be this Ubuntu LAMP install and then follow james's link.

Hi there,

Thanks to both of you, I really like the approach of the LAMP server. I followed step #1 and the step #2 no problem. When I tried to get the php as per step #3 there's a problem. This si what my terminal window message is:
malcolmd@malcolmd-AMILO-Pi-1505:~$ sudo apt-get install php5 libapache2-mod-php5[sudo] password for malcolmd:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Package libapache2-mod-php5 is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source

Package php5 is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source

E: Package 'php5' has no installation candidate
E: Package 'libapache2-mod-php5' has no installation candidate
malcolmd@malcolmd-AMILO-Pi-1505:~$

any thoughts?

Malcolm

madmalc
madmalc

Back to top Go down

Post by James Tobin Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:24 am

php5 is outdated. Now there's php7.0

I searched on synaptic package manager and I saw 2 packages:

libapache2-mod-php
libapache2-mod-php7.0

Try getting those either with apt or with synaptic package manager.
You may as well get both Smile

for php I see a 'php' and a 'php7.0' in synaptic too. Try getting both.

If you don't have synaptic package manager it is available on the Ubuntu software center or on apt by typing 'sudo apt-get install synaptic'

Hope this helps!
James Tobin
James Tobin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dai_trying Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:03 pm

one thing I would check is to make sure the apt-get database is up to date, in a terminal run the following...
Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
when that has finished try installing php again.
If you had some errors when trying to do the dist-upgrade first run
Code:
sudo apt-get -f install
this should fix any broken dependencies and then you can install php.
Dai_trying
Dai_trying

Back to top Go down

Post by James Tobin Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:59 pm

very true especially on new installs. Although i think synaptic will do it for you when you try to install something.
James Tobin
James Tobin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dai_trying Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:04 pm

I think synaptic reloads the db only if you tell it to, but haven't checked lately and it could have changed.Smile
Dai_trying
Dai_trying

Back to top Go down

Post by James Tobin Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:05 pm

I know that on Synaptic for Debian there's a reload button. But "apt update" or "apt-get update" work well too Smile
James Tobin
James Tobin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down