Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

software updater

4 posters

Go down

software updater Empty software updater

Post by whatznew Mon May 02, 2016 4:50 pm

Hi the software updater is not working, after authenticating nothing happens any ideas why this is happening ?
whatznew
whatznew

Back to top Go down

software updater Empty Re: software updater

Post by 2tuff Mon May 02, 2016 6:37 pm

In truth Ubuntu 16.04 LTS is a farce and shouldn't have been released, it's as if it was a rush job. This version of Ubuntu should have never been called a LTS and so many people have dropped this version and gone back to older versions until the improvements are made. Very disappointing
2tuff
2tuff

Back to top Go down

Post by whatznew Tue May 03, 2016 6:58 am

I am using 14.04 and have had problems with the normal updates for a few months now and I am not trying to install 16.04
whatznew
whatznew

Back to top Go down

Post by Sotelach Tue May 03, 2016 8:34 am

Never had a problem with either 14.04 nor with 16.04 LTS so far.

As to Ubuntu 16.04 LTS being a farce, I, like the majority, wait to be convinced that that claim is a fact.
Sotelach
Sotelach

Back to top Go down

Post by 2tuff Tue May 03, 2016 9:39 am

Sotelach wrote:Never had a problem with either 14.04 nor with 16.04 LTS so far.

As to Ubuntu 16.04 LTS being a farce, I, like the majority, wait to be convinced that that claim is a fact.

I prefer to listen to numerous experienced linux users as well as do my own testing and I've found those guys have been correct.  I'm not a linux expert but I understand what's needed and how things should be performing.  Lets watch and see when that big update comes in a couple of months reminding Ubuntu users of their old Redmond days with Windows Service Packs.  My biggest annoyance with 16.04 is that my HDAJackRetask no longer works in any distro unlike 14.04 where a few would do as I asked.

Long Term Disappointment | LINUX Unplugged 142
Youtube video ending : v=dYK1zVYCaT0
2tuff
2tuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sotelach Wed May 04, 2016 12:13 am

We hear your obvious frustration, but, and it is a big but, the original poster is not bemoaning Ubuntu 16.04, they are talking about an issue with a previous version and asked for assistance with it.

This forum post is not really the place to moan about something off topic to the original request or something out of the developers of ChaletOS´s control.

Hopefully the Ubuntu boffins can sort out your issues and update accordingly.
Sotelach
Sotelach

Back to top Go down

Post by johndisk Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:55 pm

If you are facing provblem with your software then best option is to change them we all know that price are going cheap now a days with that you can use greengeeks coupon code
johndisk
johndisk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down