Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Portuguese / Portuguese BR Support Incomplete

2 posters

Go down

Portuguese / Portuguese BR Support Incomplete Empty Portuguese / Portuguese BR Support Incomplete

Post by lakesidepark Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:12 am

Hi, I have installed the challet os but I need the translation for Portuguese, I have try install but only installed format for date and currency. Thanks
lakesidepark
lakesidepark

Back to top Go down

Portuguese / Portuguese BR Support Incomplete Empty Re: Portuguese / Portuguese BR Support Incomplete

Post by BroDan Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:28 am

Hi lakesidepark! Welcome to ChaletOS! Let's see if we can help your problem...

First, please note that after you make any of the changes that I outline below, you will need to log out of your computer and log back in before the changes will take place.

Did you use Language Support?

If not...

1. Go to your menu and type Language Support in the search box, and click on it when it appears in the menu.

2. In the window that pops up, look at the Language tab.

Is Portuguese showing on the list? If it is on the list, is it at the top of the list? If so, click on Apply System Wide.

If it's on the list, but not at the top of the list...grab Portuguese with your cursor, and move it to the top of the list (it might take a moment to show the change). Then click on Apply System Wide.

If Portuguese is not on the list, then click on Install/Remove Languages. Another window will pop up. In that window that pops up...

Search for Portuguese
Put a checkmark in the box next to it.
Click Apply Changes

It will take a little time to download. It should install a Brasil Portuguese and Portuguese. After it's finished, look to see if it's listed at the top of the list. If not, find it in the list, grab the Portuguese language that you want to use with your cursor, and move it to the top of the list. Then click on Apply System Wide.

3. Click the Regional Formats tab (this is for numbers, dates, and currency)

Is Portuguese showing? If it is, click on Apply System Wide.

Is another language showing? If another language is showing, click on the language that is showing and find Portuguese in the list...then click on Portuguese. Now click on Apply System Wide.

Now log out, and log back in. The changes should take affect after you log back in.

Hope that helps! Smile
BroDan
BroDan

Back to top Go down