Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Failed to mount "OS"

Go down

Failed to mount "OS" Empty Failed to mount "OS"

Post by videot Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:58 am

Noob here.  Just installed ChaletOS.  A little issue with the ethernet, but that's been resolved.  Otherwise, so far, so good.  Except for the following issue.

I am trying to copy my wife's files from her OS drive to the File System.  "OS" is a drive from her failed laptop, which apparently failed while in a hibernated state.  I am able to access it on my work laptop via external enclosure, and made her documents read-only for "everyone" via the Windows 7 OS on my laptop.  I then ejected it properly in Windows.

When I attached it to the desktop with ChaletOS and try to access it, I get this error message:

Error mounting /dev/sdb3 at /media/fredandcrystal/OS: Command-line `mount -t "ntfs" -o "uhelper=udisks2,nodev,nosuid,uid=1000,gid=1000" "/dev/sdb3" "/media/fredandcrystal/OS"' exited with non-zero exit status 14: Windows is hibernated, refused to mount.
Failed to mount '/dev/sdb3': Operation not permitted
The NTFS partition is in an unsafe state. Please resume and shutdown
Windows fully (no hibernation or fast restarting), or mount the volume
read-only with the 'ro' mount option.

Using the Terminal Emulator, I issued the following command:

sudo mount -t "ntfs" -ro "uhelper=udisks2,nodev,nosuid,uid=1000,gid=1000" "/dev/sdb3" "/media/fredandcrystal/OS"

But to no avail.  It said

ntfs-3g-mount: failed to access mountpoint /media/fredandcrystal/OS: No such file or directory

Can someone please help me?  I have this funny feeling that I either have the command line wrong, or that I need to issue another command before this one.

Thanks!
videot
videot

Back to top Go down

Failed to mount "OS" Empty Re: Failed to mount "OS"

Post by videot Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:31 am

videot
videot

Back to top Go down