Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everything works just fine, except Start Point?

2 posters

Go down

Everything works just fine, except Start Point? Empty Everything works just fine, except Start Point?

Post by EvilWayz Fri May 18, 2018 11:40 am

Hi. I'm giving an old laptop to a friends mother, an old X41 ibm tablet. Obviously they haven't supported XP for years so I tried to find a linux alternative to Windows, and I happened upon ChaletOS. It installed just fine, and after I added Audacity and Libreoffice, seemed like it was going to be just perfect.

Only Start Point tells me it needs to update. I click update, and the terminal window openes, and it downloads and unpacks stuff and then the terminal disappears. I reboot, and start point insists it still has the database from 2016.

I know enough about linux that i don't need tutorials generally. But I feel like ChaletOS development team went to a great deal of trouble to make start point so people who are transitioning from Windows to Linux don't feel like they got tossed into the deep end.

So, has this happened to anyone and how did you fix it?
EvilWayz
EvilWayz

Back to top Go down

Everything works just fine, except Start Point? Empty Re: Everything works just fine, except Start Point?

Post by James Tobin Fri May 18, 2018 11:43 am

If you refuse to update does it not work at all?

Can you attach any scrrenshots?
James Tobin
James Tobin

https://tobinbridge.zohosites.com/

Back to top Go down

Everything works just fine, except Start Point? Empty Re: Everything works just fine, except Start Point?

Post by EvilWayz Fri May 18, 2018 11:47 am

What would you like a screenshot of? It still works, but it says there are 52 new applications and 20 new videos etc.
EvilWayz
EvilWayz

Back to top Go down

Post by James Tobin Fri May 18, 2018 11:48 am

I'm not sure what to say. If it doesn't update you might have to use the old version.
James Tobin
James Tobin

https://tobinbridge.zohosites.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down