Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What an Amazing OS!

4 posters

:: Forum :: Your Story

Go down

What an Amazing OS! Empty What an Amazing OS!

Post by S_aanntosh Fri May 27, 2016 3:21 am

ChaletOS - I have only one thing to say, What an Amazing OS!

I am a Windows Server Admin and recently started fiddling with Linux systems. I consider myself a Linux newbie.

So far, I have used major Linux distros such as RHEL, CentOS, Fedora, Ubuntu, Debian, SuSE, Mandriva etc...

I was looking for desktop friendly Linux distro. A day before yesterday, I had installed RHEL 6.7 x64 on my laptop and had to spend good 4 hours for installation of OS, updates, applications etc to make it as a usable desktop operating system.

I was searching for some linux related info and stumbled upon a post about ChatOS on linuxquestions.com.

As soon as I read the description of the OS and saw some screen shots, I decided to give it a shot.

Today morning, I have installed ChaletOS 16.04 on a VM running on VMware ESXi hypervisor and I was pretty impressed.

Next thing which I did was to format RHEL 6.7 from my laptop and install ChaletOS 16.04 on it using a bootable USB.

This OS has almost everything a normal user would want! and icing on the cake is, it's absolutely free!

Now onwards I don't have to bother about installing resource hungry Anti Virus on Windows since I am switched to ChaletOS for good Smile

I have noticed a small glitch though while tryin to install Google Chrome, I will post a separate thread for that in an appropriate section.

ChaletOS is performing exceptionally well on my laptop way beyond my expectation.

ChaletOS developers,

Thanks so much for the mazing work, you guys rock. Keep up the excellent work.

Cheers
S_aanntosh
S_aanntosh

Back to top Go down

What an Amazing OS! Empty Re: What an Amazing OS!

Post by James Tobin Fri May 27, 2016 6:43 am

I'm glad you are finding Chalet OS to make your computer better! It is deffinitely an awesome OS and definitely had a lot of work put ino it Very Happy
James Tobin
James Tobin

https://tobinbridge.zohosites.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dits Fri May 27, 2016 7:45 am

Welcome aboard the Linux express S_aanntosh.. as James posted, ChaletOs is a great OS for newbies.

Also, when you ever go on Youtube and read all about Windows 10 and the problems they are having with Microsoft spying etc.. read some comments below the videos and you will be surprised in how many said stuff Microsoft, time to move to Linux'.
That's why i call it the Linux express, it's growing bigger by the day in the amount of new users.
Dits
Dits

http://chaletos.info

Back to top Go down

Post by James Tobin Fri May 27, 2016 8:01 am

Dits 1 wrote:Welcome aboard the Linux express S_aanntosh.. as James posted, ChaletOs is a great OS for newbies.

Also, when you ever go on Youtube and read all about Windows 10 and the problems they are having with Microsoft spying etc.. read some comments below the videos and you will be surprised in how many said stuff Microsoft, time to move to Linux'.
That's why i call it the Linux express, it's growing bigger by the day in the amount of new users.

@dits1: Wierd request, but may I post that quote on my website? that is SO true! (just thinking about the last paragraph)
James Tobin
James Tobin

https://tobinbridge.zohosites.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dits Fri May 27, 2016 12:19 pm

James Tobin wrote:
Dits 1 wrote:Welcome aboard the Linux express S_aanntosh.. as James posted, ChaletOs is a great OS for newbies.

@dits1: Wierd request, but may I post that quote on my website? that is SO true!  (just thinking about the last paragraph)
Go for it James. Smile
Dits
Dits

http://chaletos.info

Back to top Go down

Post by S_aanntosh Fri May 27, 2016 12:41 pm

@James Tobin and @Dits 1,

Thanks and couldn't agree more on your comments.
S_aanntosh
S_aanntosh

Back to top Go down

What an Amazing OS! Empty I completely agree.

Post by JeffK969 Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:46 am

S_aanntosh, you are 110% correct. Chalet is an amazing OS.
JeffK969
JeffK969

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: Forum :: Your Story

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum