Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dropbox Icon Notification Area red circle with diag like Ghostbusters

Go down

Dropbox Icon Notification Area red circle with diag like Ghostbusters Empty Dropbox Icon Notification Area red circle with diag like Ghostbusters

Post by hughparker1 Sun May 15, 2016 4:16 am

I installed ChaletOS 16.04 on my DELL Inspiron 5559 laptop.
Code:
hugh@DELL-V-CHALETOS:~$ lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Description: Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
Release: 16.04
Codename: xenial
hugh@DELL-V-CHALETOS:~$
Code:
hugh@DELL-V-CHALETOS:~$ echo $XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP
XFCE
I installed Dropbox but getting the dreaded Dropbox Icon which is red circle with cross like Ghostbusters, I tried a fix that I found and used in other distros ...
Code:
$ dropbox stop && dbus-launch dropbox start
this fixed the Dropbox icon, but I got some strange messages which indicates this may not be the best solution....
Code:
hugh@DELL-V-CHALETOS:~$ dropbox stop && dbus-launch dropbox start
Dropbox isn't responding!
Dropbox isn't responding!
Dropbox is already running!
hugh@DELL-V-CHALETOS:~$ dropbox stop && dbus-launch dropbox start
Dropbox isn't running!
Starting Dropbox.../usr/share/themes/ChaletOS_Default/gtk-2.0/style/app/panel.rc:57: Unable to locate image file in pixmap_path: "buttons/panel-button-normal.png"
/usr/share/themes/ChaletOS_Default/gtk-2.0/style/app/panel.rc:60: Background image options specified without filename
/usr/share/themes/ChaletOS_Default/gtk-2.0/style/app/panel.rc:89: Unable to locate image file in pixmap_path: "buttons/panel-button-prelight.png"
/usr/share/themes/ChaletOS_Default/gtk-2.0/style/app/panel.rc:92: Background image options specified without filename
Done!
the Dropbox icon did display correctly but after reboot, the icon error returns

I also tried this alternative command...
Code:
$ dropbox stop && DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS="" dropbox start
again, this fixed the Dropbox icon, but I get similar messages...
Code:
hugh@DELL-V-CHALETOS:~$ dropbox stop && DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS="" dropbox start
Dropbox daemon stopped.
Starting Dropbox.../usr/share/themes/ChaletOS_Default/gtk-2.0/style/app/panel.rc:57: Unable to locate image file in pixmap_path: "buttons/panel-button-normal.png"
/usr/share/themes/ChaletOS_Default/gtk-2.0/style/app/panel.rc:60: Background image options specified without filename
/usr/share/themes/ChaletOS_Default/gtk-2.0/style/app/panel.rc:89: Unable to locate image file in pixmap_path: "buttons/panel-button-prelight.png"
/usr/share/themes/ChaletOS_Default/gtk-2.0/style/app/panel.rc:92: Background image options specified without filename
Done!

Does anyone know best way to fix this? I'm quite new to linux and not sure how to proceed,

NOTE FOR DEVELOPERS: I was led to believe that the errors I received were related to the theme that I am using (ChaletOS_Default). It may have some errors in it.

I'm just posting to let the developers know in case there is a problem and also trying to find out how to fix the Dropbox icon error.
hughparker1
hughparker1

Back to top Go down