Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Language in Dutch

+2
Dits
Pollewops
6 posters

Go down

Language in Dutch Empty Language in Dutch

Post by Pollewops Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:25 am

I've just installed Chalet OS in replacement for Xubuntu and I choose Dutch as language.
After installing Dutch was not avaible and the system asked to install the Ducht (NL) language.
Install failed. I tried install the gnome nl packages with synaptic, it seems ok but it is not: no dutch language after reboot.
I tried again to install the packages and when I looked at the details it was someting that the archives were not found and I had to check my internet connection.
How to solve this and get the system in Dutch, please.
Pollewops
Pollewops

Back to top Go down

Language in Dutch Empty Re: Language in Dutch

Post by Dits Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:57 am

I don't know the answer to your problem so i have asked for help on the ChaletOS Google home page.
Hopefully some one can help you soon.
Dits
Dits

http://chaletos.info

Back to top Go down

Post by Dits Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:11 pm

Pollewops, the developer of ChaletOS (Dejan) says to do a fresh install in English, then change your language to Dutch after installation.
Hope it helps.
Dits
Dits

http://chaletos.info

Back to top Go down

Post by Pollewops Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:25 pm

Thank you for your support and suggestion Smile
I will install a fresh English system and after that I will try to set it in Dutch.
Let you know!
Pollewops
Pollewops

Back to top Go down

Post by Pollewops Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:02 am

So, I did a fresh English installation and when it almost was done I get a installation error:

"unable to install Grub in /dev/sda7 executing grub-install /dev/sda7 failed, this is a fatal error".
Continue without a bootloader was the only possibility to quit te installation and when I continue: installer crashed -> Restart Computer.

I boot computer: nothing happened, no errors.
I tryed Boot-Repair Disk -> Failed
I tryed REDO backup to restore an system image -> failed, partitions are not corresponding with image.
I tryed Acronis True Image Boot CD and recovered a systeem image.
I was able to restore the Windows 7 partition and Xubuntu and ChaletOs are definedly gone!

I will return to Xubuntu and I regret this adventure.
Pollewops
Pollewops

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:41 am

Pollewops wrote:So, I did a fresh English installation and when it almost was done I get a installation error:

"unable to install Grub in /dev/sda7 executing grub-install /dev/sda7 failed, this is a fatal error".
Continue without a bootloader was the only possibility to quit te installation and when I continue: installer crashed -> Restart Computer.

I tryed REDO backup to restore an system image -> failed, partitions are not corresponding with image.
I was able to restore the Windows 7 partition and Xubuntu and ChaletOs are definedly gone!

Sorry to see you have experienced problems Pollewops.

Unfortunately the developer of ChaletOS doesn’t come here to help and leaves it to others to try and help.... there are not enough members here that know some of the harder questions put forward.

Dits 1 is not an expert and he would be the first to admit it, but i do know he put in time and money to get this forum up just to do his part in helping with ChaletOS...but i feel he is being let down by the developer.

Perhaps you could ask the developer himself on his Google home page for an answer or just remind him that there is a help forum here and it would be nice if he could visit occasionally and answer some questions or he will get members losing interest in ChaletOS like yourself and move on to other distros.  
https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/108630943169932456503
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:46 am

Pollewops wrote:So, I did a fresh English installation and when it almost was done I get a installation error:

Pollewops...i have another answer from another user who had a similar problem...

By Pedro Mulas.
Are you using the latest ISO? I had a similar problem trying to install it in spanish, that Dejan solved quickly, and the 14.04.3 release behaves just as he is saying: install in english, update, reboot and then install the other language. Good luck
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by chaletosuser Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:22 pm

dutch/eerst en vooral collega moet je chaletos geheel uptodate doen ,als er geen updates meer zijn kan u geheel in het nederlands zetten.

je gaat naar taal en kiest voor meer talen ,vinkt het nederlands aan en het engels uit , en door voeren voor heel het systeem.

als u de eerste keer de taal aanklikt vraagt hij voor install niet doen en negeren (nederlands werkt perfect).

english/ First of all colleagues must do chaletos completely up to date, if there are no more updates can put you completely in dutch.

you go to language and opts for more languages, select the Dutch and English, and implement for the entire system.

when you first click on the language he asks to install and do not ignore (Dutch works perfectly).

and you can delete whole english without problems
chaletosuser
chaletosuser

Back to top Go down

Language in Dutch Empty Ik heb ook een Nederlands probleem...

Post by beun Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:35 am

Beste mensen,

Ik heb ook een oer Hollands probleem. Althans, de foutmelding is op z'n Nederlands en het is een hele lastige. Ik probeer namelijk de rechten van mijn harde schijf te veranderen maar dan krijg ik de foutmelding zoals te zien op het plaatje... Als jullie wat weten hoor ik het graag.

Beun

Language in Dutch Naamlo15
beun
beun

Back to top Go down

Post by benniehelder Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:17 am

dutch/eerst en vooral collega moet je chaletos geheel uptodate doen ,als er geen updates meer zijn kan u geheel in het nederlands zetten.

""je gaat naar taal en kiest voor meer talen ,vinkt het nederlands aan en het engels uit , en door voeren voor heel het systeem.

als u de eerste keer de taal aanklikt vraagt hij voor install niet doen en negeren (nederlands werkt perfect).""
5 jaar later, nog steeds een "dutch" probleem!
ik heb gedaan wat hier in enigszins gebrekkig nederlands stond, maar in de eerste kolom blijft Engels staan, ook al is die taal uitgevinkt en vervangen door Dutch!
Weet iemand nog een manier?gr. Bennie
benniehelder
benniehelder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down