Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking info about chaletos

4 posters

Go down

Looking info about chaletos Empty Looking info about chaletos

Post by shadowvzs Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:55 am

Hi, i started with ubuntu, then fast to linux mint (kde mostly) what was ~longer on my pc, then i use Deepin now what very cool designed linux but somehow i feel slow (maybe because of DDE desktop) and glitchy and missing alot preinstalled stuff (well this is less important more annoying the previous 2 reason)

so i tryed alot distro in virtualbox (like zorin [to me zorin isn't so nasty], lubuntu, peppermint, bodhi etc) then Chaletos and this look like nicely customizable and have 2-3 theme what look very well, not typical lightweigth design, its more like windows kind design what i like in it, got similiar preinstalled stuff like mint and what missing from deepin and now i try install it.

Questions:
-how well worked on it? i mean to upgrades etc
-new reinstall when system if comeing a new Chaletos version?
-any knowing bug or glitch?
-personal opinions about this distro in speed view?

(got a dual core, 4gb ram, and onboard crappier vga)
shadowvzs
shadowvzs

Back to top Go down

Looking info about chaletos Empty Re: Looking info about chaletos

Post by BroDan Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:49 am

shadowvzs wrote:

Questions:
-how well worked on it? i mean to upgrades etc
-new reinstall when system if comeing a new Chaletos version?
-any knowing bug or glitch?
-personal opinions about this distro in speed view?

(got a dual core, 4gb ram, and onboard crappier vga)

1. The developer releases upgrades several times per year, but they are still long term releases...good until the year 2019.

2. If you want the new features that come with new versions, you will have to reinstall. If you're happy with your current version though, you don't have to reinstall.

3. The only bug/glitch that I'm aware of has to do with some people having trouble installing ChaletOS...but they are very few who have this problem.

4. With 4 GB of RAM, you should have a very quick operating system with ChaletOS. At one time, I actually used it on a very old computer that had less than 1 GB of RAM, and it still performed well.
BroDan
BroDan

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowvzs Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:11 am

to be honest to me every os worked well until....
                until i started doing heavy flash stuff
or few video editing stuff, mostly this 2 thing could kill the pc (and ofc virtualbox if i set 2gb ram to vb)

its very interesting, look like page loading is slower on this  OS but flash stuff make pc less busy with same firefox than used in other OS.
I guess maybe here the video card could be usefull not just ram or idk.

to be honest i have a pc to my father i guess that also 1gb ram and not dual core, still work very well the lubuntu .... until i avoid any modern web browser Very Happy

atm i not noticed any bug in Chaletos but idk if have same annoying problem than with linux mint if i put to my wife laptop (aka acer problem with never ending shut down sometimes)

except few outdated program work well (i like its very nicely custimazable what i want show), just maybe more theme could be nice to style changer.

(its absolutly faster a bit than few other os, i must admit it)
shadowvzs
shadowvzs

Back to top Go down

Post by Detroit_Bad_Boy Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:52 am

I find it works quite well on my dell Desktop PC. Blew away windows and now this machine is totally linux with Manjaro and Chalet OS side by side. On my dell laptop however, it is a different story. Cannot get wi-fi to work on it. Other than that issue it runs quite well
Detroit_Bad_Boy
Detroit_Bad_Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by James Tobin Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:02 pm

if you get version 16.04.2 it's almost perfect
James Tobin
James Tobin

https://tobinbridge.zohosites.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content