Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wonderful OS!

3 posters

Go down

Wonderful OS! Empty Wonderful OS!

Post by knightofkadosh Thu May 07, 2015 3:30 am

Hi, just came by to register and tell you what an outstanding OS!

Please I am so looking forward to a version of this done in Ubuntu 15.04 as soon as you can manage to release it. Also if possible with the Kernel 4.0 and latest drivers even a bit higher then 3.19.

Your a wonderful programmer and designer.

"Keep up the brilliant work!"

knightofkadosh
knightofkadosh

Back to top Go down

Wonderful OS! Empty Re: Wonderful OS!

Post by xyis1 Thu May 07, 2015 9:01 am

Install Liquorix/zen Kernel
xyis1
xyis1

http://xyis1.blogspot.in/

Back to top Go down

Wonderful OS! Empty Explain please?

Post by knightofkadosh Thu May 07, 2015 10:00 am

xyis1 wrote:Install Liquorix/zen Kernel

Could you please explain in more detail of what you are trying to say to me? I'm not sure where or how to do that and will it break anything in the current 14.04 version? I'm not a beginner to Linux and yet I'm not advanced in it either!

knightofkadosh
knightofkadosh

Back to top Go down

Wonderful OS! Empty Latest kernel

Post by xyis1 Thu May 07, 2015 10:54 am

xyis1
xyis1

Back to top Go down

Wonderful OS! Empty Excellent... Now what about Intel Driver Updates?

Post by knightofkadosh Thu May 07, 2015 1:46 pm

Excellent! Thank you my friend. Now I was wondering if you knew how I could after installing this new Kernel that I would be able to update all my video drivers? I have the Intel HD4600 Graphics!

knightofkadosh
knightofkadosh

Back to top Go down

Post by xyis1 Thu May 07, 2015 2:42 pm

The short answer is, I'm a " Linux-Internet_ based_user " using linux and troubleshooting linux for years with the resources available on internet. So I don't think I can supply you with the proper answer.

I always read people having problems with linux-nvidia and a little lesser problems with linux-ati video cards. The above link also supplies info on these cards only. So my guess is, you wouldn't have any problems what so ever.

Cheers.
xyis1
xyis1

Back to top Go down

Wonderful OS! Empty Great OS!!

Post by radrick Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:40 am

I just heard about your OS this week and tried it. I am very impressed! It looks good and works very well.
I typically look for Linux OSes that can substitute for Windows as I have some users with older machines that may not be able afford a new machine. ChaletOS fits the bill.
I was tempted to switch from Mint, but I found one problem that has stopped my switching - ChaletOS does not work with my KVM. All my other operating systems work fine with the KVM, but whenever I switch to a new machine ChaletOS goes into SUSPEND mode. When I switch back I cannot come out of SUSPEND mode and have to shutdown the machine. Pity! I really love this distro.
radrick
radrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum