Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Linux cant be a gamers choice

2 posters

Go down

Linux cant be a gamers choice Empty Linux cant be a gamers choice

Post by specterm Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:30 pm

I have tried the use the steamos. I never liked the setup of the whole thing and because most games on steam are not supported on linux I thought it would be a waste.

I have been trying to find a linux based OS that would be better than steamos and now I am starting to question why.

If games are not built on the linux platform then gamers just need windows.. and that sucks.

I see wine allows you to try to install windows games but I see wine doesnt even support a lot of games out there.

Its almost like I have no choice. ChaletOS is awesome but I think you might be losing me. I wish I knew enough about coding and stuff to help wine expand their list, but sadly I cant help there.
specterm
specterm

Back to top Go down

Linux cant be a gamers choice Empty Re: Linux cant be a gamers choice

Post by xyis1 Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:38 pm

You can play Age Of Empires on Play On Linux App. Play On Linux app is a front end for Wine windows emulation software and list of games that work in Play On Linux are given in the App it self when you first open it, it connects to internet and displays the possible/working apps and games. So I installed couple of games but only Age Of Empires works but Voobly software for playing Age Of Empires online doesn't work on Linux properly or completely...

Age Of Empires is faster in Linux than in Windows, it seems so.

Sparkylinux is a debian testing based Linux distro for old and new computers and their Linux OSes have Play On Linux preinstalled and works out of the box and they also have Sparkylinux Gameover gaming OS.

I am saying Play On Linux works on linux and Sparkylinux is a perfect example.

I don't have expertise to use Wine or Play On Linux but it can be done if it is supported.
xyis1
xyis1

http://xyis1.blogspot.in/

Back to top Go down

Post by specterm Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:39 am

Is there anything I can do to help get more games compatible with linux?
specterm
specterm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum