Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ Solved ] Virtualbox - Installing Guest Additions on Xubuntu - resolution or fullscreen problem

4 posters

Go down

[ Solved ] Virtualbox - Installing Guest Additions on Xubuntu - resolution or fullscreen problem Empty [ Solved ] Virtualbox - Installing Guest Additions on Xubuntu - resolution or fullscreen problem

Post by mrwaggle4 Sun May 17, 2015 4:07 pm

Hi and well done on releasing an easy to do version of Linux, Now to the problem, I can not adjust my display to 1920x1080p as it not available in the the options.

Any help would be most welcome. oh before I forget I run it on the virtual machine I dont think that would be any cause to the problem though.
mrwaggle4
mrwaggle4

Back to top Go down

[ Solved ] Virtualbox - Installing Guest Additions on Xubuntu - resolution or fullscreen problem Empty Re: [ Solved ] Virtualbox - Installing Guest Additions on Xubuntu - resolution or fullscreen problem

Post by xyis1 Sun May 17, 2015 8:35 pm

Open terminal and type this command and press enter

xfce4-display-settings

Or install arandr using this command

sudo apt-get install arandr

and open terminal and enter
arandr
xyis1
xyis1

http://xyis1.blogspot.in/

Back to top Go down

[ Solved ] Virtualbox - Installing Guest Additions on Xubuntu - resolution or fullscreen problem Empty Re: [ Solved ] Virtualbox - Installing Guest Additions on Xubuntu - resolution or fullscreen problem

Post by mrwaggle4 Sun May 17, 2015 10:24 pm

Can you tell me as to why the OS did not pick it up on the latest updates. Thank you for the help.
mrwaggle4
mrwaggle4

Back to top Go down

Post by xyis1 Sun May 17, 2015 11:06 pm

Sorry friend, I don't know why... I'm a linux user but have no knowledge of how linux works... I'm just a experienced and also beginner linux user... Experienced in a sense I've been using linux distros for quite a while and beginner in a sense that I'm no expert with linux coding...

I just use google search and linux forums to help me solve problems using observation, trial and error.

Thanks.
xyis1
xyis1

Back to top Go down

Post by mrwaggle4 Mon May 18, 2015 4:43 pm

Thank you for helping me, I tried the suggestions you gave me and it has not fixed the problem. Is there any more I can try???
mrwaggle4
mrwaggle4

Back to top Go down

[ Solved ] Virtualbox - Installing Guest Additions on Xubuntu - resolution or fullscreen problem Empty Installing Guest Additions on Xubuntu

Post by xyis1 Mon May 18, 2015 5:27 pm

https://www.virtualbox.org/manual/ch04.html#idp94103856

4.2.2.1. Installing the Linux Guest Additions

The VirtualBox Guest Additions for Linux are provided on the same virtual CD-ROM file as the Guest Additions for Windows described above. They also come with an installation program guiding you through the setup process, although, due to the significant differences between Linux distributions, installation may be slightly more complex.

Installation generally involves the following steps:

Before installing the Guest Additions, you will have to prepare your guest system for building external kernel modules. This works similarly as described in Section 2.3.2, “The VirtualBox kernel module”, except that this step must now be performed in your Linux guest instead of on a Linux host system, as described there.

Again, as with Linux hosts, we recommend using DKMS if it is available for the guest system. If it is not installed, use this command for Ubuntu/Debian systems:

sudo apt-get install dkms

or for Fedora systems:

yum install dkms

Be sure to install DKMS before installing the Linux Guest Additions. If DKMS is not available or not installed, the guest kernel modules will need to be recreated manually whenever the guest kernel is updated using the command

/etc/init.d/vboxadd setup

as root.

Insert the VBoxGuestAdditions.iso CD file into your Linux guest's virtual CD-ROM drive, exactly the same way as described for a Windows guest in Section 4.2.1.1, “Installation”.

Change to the directory where your CD-ROM drive is mounted and execute as root:

sh ./VBoxLinuxAdditions.run

For your convenience, we provide the following step-by-step instructions for freshly installed copies of recent versions of the most popular Linux distributions. After these preparational steps, you can execute the VirtualBox Guest Additions installer as described above.
xyis1
xyis1

Back to top Go down

Post by xyis1 Mon May 18, 2015 10:19 pm

I tried the above solution and it works.
xyis1
xyis1

Back to top Go down

Post by nogero Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:18 am

That worked for you. I use VMWare 12 and have the exact same problem because they do not have a selection choice of 1920x1080, a very common screen resolution.
Is there a method to add 1920x1080?
nogero
nogero

Back to top Go down

Post by James Tobin Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:12 pm

@nogero please do not post new questions on old dead topics. A new topic (which you have already made) is the way to go. Thanks!
James Tobin
James Tobin

https://tobinbridge.zohosites.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum