Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finally found the right Linux distro

2 posters

:: Forum :: Your Story

Go down

Finally found the right Linux distro Empty Finally found the right Linux distro

Post by daniel Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:59 pm

Hello,
like many others I have been searching for the "right" Linux version for quite a long time.
My main OS is still Windows 7 but I will definitely not continue with Win 10, so I have been long searching for an alternative.
I tried many distros, but the different Ubuntu flavors did not really impress me. I looked at Mint and also stayed with ElementaryOS for a bit longer, but none of them did really feel right. I admit that I am really into "eye candy" and therefore willing to sacrifice a lot of RAM ^^
On the other hand I liked ChaletOS right from the start and I think that I finally found "my" Linux distro.
There are a few Windows applications which I definitely won't swap for Linux applications, I will need to make Photoshop and iTunes work in Linux as well (I am also buying music at iTunes, so there is not really an alternative to it). But that's all, in general I am quite happy with ChaletOS.
daniel

Back to top Go down

Finally found the right Linux distro Empty Re: Finally found the right Linux distro

Post by James Tobin Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:13 pm

Thank you for choosing Chalet OS! I'm glad you are happy with it, it has been a very, very successful work. I moved to Chalet OS from Zorin OS because it is smarter, more beautiful, and not so buggy!

I hope you enjoy your installation! God bless!
James Tobin
James Tobin

https://tobinbridge.zohosites.com/

Back to top Go down