Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't install N1 email client listed in "Start Point"

2 posters

Go down

Can't install N1 email client listed in "Start Point" Empty Can't install N1 email client listed in "Start Point"

Post by madmalc Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:11 am

Hi everybody, WOW I'm blown away with ChaletOS, I've already added some items LibreOffice etc. I wanted a good email client and with Linux the list isn't that long. On the Start Point on the ChaletOS desktop I found N1, I visited the site, it looked good so I downloaded the deb file and tried to install using the package manager. It wont install... any ideas? I'm running it on a 32bit laptop, it runs very nicely.
Malcolm

Last edited by madmalc on Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:15 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added I'm on a 32bit system)
madmalc
madmalc

Back to top Go down

Can't install N1 email client listed in "Start Point" Empty Re: Can't install N1 email client listed in "Start Point"

Post by James Tobin Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:17 am

go to the file in 'downloads', right click and 'open with' then select 'application installer' or on some instances it may be called 'gdebi-gtk'. By default it opens with software-install which is stupid and never installs it right.
James Tobin
James Tobin

https://tobinbridge.zohosites.com/

Back to top Go down

Can't install N1 email client listed in "Start Point" Empty Re: Can't install N1 email client listed in "Start Point"

Post by madmalc Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:24 am

Hi James, Thanks for that, I just tried that and the installer comes back with "Error Wrong Architecture ADM64" Will N1 run on 32bit machines?
madmalc
madmalc

Back to top Go down

Post by James Tobin Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:56 am

If your computer is 32 bit intel you will need to get a 32 bit version of it. You must have downloaded the 64 bit version. 32 bit may say x86 or i386 or 32 bit
James Tobin
James Tobin

Back to top Go down

Post by madmalc Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:41 am

Hi James, I have now done some research on a couple of other Linux forums. Nylas don't do a 32bit version. It probably needs to be deleted from the Start Point list included on the 32 bit ChaletOS ISO.
madmalc
madmalc

Back to top Go down

Post by James Tobin Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:51 am

Personally I recommend thunderbird which is extremely easy to set up and to use and has a very efficient interface. You can install it from the Ubuntu Software Center, Synaptic package manager, or via apt-get in terminal (sudo apt-get install thunderbird).
James Tobin
James Tobin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum