Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GRUB Installation failed

2 posters

Go down

GRUB Installation failed Empty GRUB Installation failed

Post by cicor Sun May 22, 2016 3:29 pm

I am trying to install chaletos 16.04 but having this error every time I boot from pendrive and try to install.

" The 'grub-efi-amd64-signed' package failed to install into /target/. Without the GRUB boot loader, the installed system will not boot"

I tried boot-repair but so far no luck Sad
cicor
cicor

Back to top Go down

GRUB Installation failed Empty Re: GRUB Installation failed

Post by James Tobin Sun May 22, 2016 11:18 pm

that's not unusual Very Happy

Have you tried to reburn the usb? if that does not work then you will have to use a different software. I'll explain why: an ISO image is made for DVD boot but applications that try to burn bootable ISO's to flash drives are trying to adapt boot loader for USB boot. You will often see their own version of grub on. So I would like to know what program you used to burn the iso to the flash. I typically use unetbootin as it is very reliable. If unetbootin goofs I find that burning an iso with rufus in DD mode just about always works. They both will install their own boot loader which should work. I used to like Fedora live USB creator but it doesnt work on debian-based linux, only RPM or windows. But I must say it's fairly decent and it works on iso images other than Fedora.

Hope this helps! Wink Very Happy
James Tobin
James Tobin

https://tobinbridge.zohosites.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by cicor Mon May 23, 2016 3:32 am

James Tobin wrote:that's not unusual Very Happy

Have you tried to reburn the usb? if that does not work then you will have to use a different software. I'll explain why: an ISO image is made for DVD boot but applications that try to burn bootable ISO's to flash drives are trying to adapt boot loader for USB boot. You will often see their own version of grub on. So I would like to know what program you used to burn the iso to the flash. I typically use unetbootin as it is very reliable. If unetbootin goofs I find that burning an iso with rufus in DD mode just about always works. They both will install their own boot loader which should work. I used to like Fedora live USB creator but it doesnt work on debian-based linux, only RPM or windows. But I must say it's fairly decent and it works on iso images other than Fedora.

Hope this helps! Wink Very Happy

Thanks @James Tobin I tried all you said. I primarily use rufus both in iso and dd mode none worked for me, I also tried unetbootin but still not working. Sad

edit one-----------
I just installed ubuntu 16.04 lts with rufus iso mode worked like a charm
cicor
cicor

Back to top Go down

Post by James Tobin Mon May 23, 2016 4:30 am

ok. I am now guessing that you either have a nutty iso image or you are selecting too fast of a speed. Try re-downloading iso from chalet os's website and try again. Very Happy
James Tobin
James Tobin

Back to top Go down

Post by cicor Tue May 24, 2016 12:20 am

James Tobin wrote:ok. I am now guessing that you either have a nutty iso image or you are selecting too fast of a speed. Try re-downloading iso from chalet os's website and try again. Very Happy

Thanks for reply James Tobin
The solution that worked for me is "Boot-Repair" in advance menu selected purge old grub and installed latest and just followed the instruction and it just worked. now I am using ChaletOS so far I am very Impressed. Smile
cicor
cicor

Back to top Go down

Post by James Tobin Tue May 24, 2016 12:21 am

super! glad u r having success Very Happy
James Tobin
James Tobin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content