Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My journey to ChaletOS

2 posters

:: Forum :: Your Story

Go down

My journey to ChaletOS Empty My journey to ChaletOS

Post by rsd45 Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:38 pm

My first experience with Linux was two years ago, in August 2013, when I retrieved my 2002 vintage Acer TravelMate back from my grandson.  He was starting college and had asked for an Apple MacBook Air.  As Windows XP was being ditched by MS in April 2014, I decided to follow the advice in my ComputerActive magazine and investigate Ubuntu.  After discovering DistroWatch, I tried Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and then found Linux Mint 15 cinnamon, Olivia.  Loved it, continued checking out others but kept coming back.  In the following two years, I switched to a 2007 Acer Aspire 5735 laptop, went to LM 16 Cinnamon (Petra), LM 17 Cinnamon (Qiana), LXLE, then LM 17.2 Xfce (Rafaela).  Last month (August), DistroWatch featured ChaletOS.  Tried it, liked it very much with the Xfce desktop.  Similar to LinuxMint, but faster to boot up from cold.  Easy to configure, with most things out-of-the-box.  I find it very strange that ChromeOS is not further up the DistroWatch rankings.  Hopefully, this post will encourage other Linux newbies to try it.  Good luck, keep up the good work guys.

Last edited by rsd45 on Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Correcting errors)
rsd45
rsd45

Back to top Go down

My journey to ChaletOS Empty Re: My journey to ChaletOS

Post by BroDan Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:53 pm

Welcome to ChaletOS! Smile
BroDan
BroDan

Back to top Go down

My journey to ChaletOS Empty Re: My journey to ChaletOS

Post by rsd45 Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:59 am

BroDan wrote:Welcome to ChaletOS! Smile