Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Change "Open Program" Location on Panel?

2 posters

Go down

Change "Open Program" Location on Panel? Empty Change "Open Program" Location on Panel?

Post by jwoertz Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:27 pm

Hello-

I'm a new ChaletOS user but have previously used Linux Mint, Ubuntu, Xubuntu, Chromixium, etc...

ChaletOS is great!

I was wondering how to change the location of the open program boxes on the panel. I don't want the box to move/shift the rest of my panel icons over to the right when I open a program. I want the open program box to just use the free space on the panel in between the panel icons on the left and the indicator plugin on the right.

Thanks for your help!
jwoertz
jwoertz

Back to top Go down

Change "Open Program" Location on Panel? Empty Re: Change "Open Program" Location on Panel?

Post by BroDan Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:42 pm

Welcome to the forum, and welcome to ChaletOS!

I hope I understand correctly... Smile

1. Right-click on the Panel.
2. Hover your pointer over the word "Panel", and click on "Panel Preferences".
3. In the window that pops up, click the "Items" tab.

Now, look for the item named "Window Buttons". The Window Buttons is where your open program boxes will show on the panel.

4. Click on "Window Buttons" to highlight it, and use the arrow buttons to move it between the last "Launcher" and the "Separator".

Here's a screenshot of mine (if it helps).

Change "Open Program" Location on Panel? Window10
BroDan
BroDan

Back to top Go down

Change "Open Program" Location on Panel? Empty Re: Change "Open Program" Location on Panel?

Post by jwoertz Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:33 am

Brilliant - thanks you!
jwoertz
jwoertz

Back to top Go down

Post by BroDan Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:43 am

jwoertz wrote:Brilliant - thanks you!

Glad it worked and glad to help. Smile
BroDan
BroDan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum