Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Windows 10

+2
BroDan
Dits
6 posters

Go down

Windows 10 Empty Windows 10

Post by Dits Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:54 pm

Anyone tried it? I have and i can't see much improvement from Windows 8.1, although it booted up fairly quickly, all i can say is thank god for Linux. Smile
Dits
Dits

http://chaletos.info

Back to top Go down

Windows 10 Empty Re: Windows 10

Post by BroDan Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:14 pm

Yeah, I downloaded it on our Windows computer. Had a few issues at first which made me say something that I thought would never say...I miss Windows 8.1 !!! affraid

For some reason, after the install, it was in tablet mode. Took me a while to figure out why the Start Menu wouldn't work and the screen was filled with apps. After I finally figured out what was wrong and got it out of tablet mode, it went much better. I do appreciate them bringing the Start Menu back. I think I like it better than 8.1, but like you said, there's not much difference.

Edge (the new browser) seems pretty fast, but I haven't used it that much yet. With what little I did use it, I couldn't find any browser add-ons. Hoping to at least be able to install a few if possible.
BroDan
BroDan

Back to top Go down

Post by BroDan Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:07 pm

By the way...

I ended up downgrading our Windows computer back to 8.1

Just didn't trust 10's privacy issues... Suspect
BroDan
BroDan

Back to top Go down

Post by beun Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:51 pm

BroDan wrote:By the way...

Just didn't trust 10's privacy issues...  Suspect

But, why not installing Linux alongside Windows? Even along version 10 works!
beun
beun

Back to top Go down

Post by BroDan Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:30 pm

beun wrote:
BroDan wrote:By the way...

Just didn't trust 10's privacy issues...  Suspect

But, why not installing Linux alongside Windows? Even along version 10 works!

I guess I'm peculiar! I just prefer to keep Windows on its own computer and Linux on its own computer. Smile
BroDan
BroDan

Back to top Go down

Post by diahron Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:44 am

I did the Windows 10 install about a month ago. Glad I had nothing else to do at the time. It was an experience. For MS Win lovers, they should like it, some what. It is a little quicker loading, but, for older machines the driver situation still reduces the enthusiasm to change. Boot up took quite some time on an older machine running AMD w/2gig and plenty of disk space. After all done, and done, and done again, as usual with any MS 'Even version', i.e. Win2, Win4, win6 etc., it shares the same inherit issues of all MS Win 'Even versions' They're always the 'buggiest'. (ODD is good.)
After some time fooling around with it, I decided to leave 'Kansas!' Back to "Chalet OS" and the Linux World of getting things done. "There is No Place Like HOME!"
A field trip is good for you, but you eventually go back home.
diahron
diahron

Back to top Go down

Post by beun Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:09 am

I have both Windows 10 and Chalet OS on my system and Windows 10 is nice but Chalet OS runs much easier! No busy HD, no lacks, no other shit... You will notice it rightaway!
beun
beun

Back to top Go down

Post by 2tuff Mon May 02, 2016 6:27 pm

I tried Windows 10 and I even made an image of the drive so I can use it whenever I'm stupid enough to do so. Windows 10 is a complete nightmare so stay clear of it. I've used Windows 8 and 8.1 since day one and I've never ever had a single problem or crash in all that time. I got quite used to the metro as my start and it's all very quick and reliable. Windows 10 loads up much slower, the start menu is slow and a mess not to mention I've had numerous crashes. Then you have to run software like ooshutup to disable the numerous spyware actions of this spyOS. Honestly do not even go there, Windows 10 is such a let down. I cannot understand how such a rock solid OS as Windows 8.1 could turn into a mess like Windows 10. After Windows 8.1 there is absolutely no choice now and everyone should convert to Linux when forced off 8.1 or before. Windows 10 is being pushed so they can force on us all biometric internet log-ins ready for all public services to go online. You'll also be able to easily be prosecuted for actions on the web where right now there is no proof of who's using the web as your wireless may be hacked (so never admit to anything). Bill Gates can go to hell and take Microsoft and its office at the NSA with it.
2tuff
2tuff

Back to top Go down

Post by James Tobin Sun May 29, 2016 6:34 am

not sure why so many people show such animosity to 8.1's layout. I left 8.1 because of it's bugs. I loved it's layout start menu etc. If only there would be a linux with that layout I'd go for it!
James Tobin
James Tobin

https://tobinbridge.zohosites.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dits Sun May 29, 2016 8:36 am

To be honest, i don't mind Win 8.1 .. i have it on a spare pc and it boots up quicker than most Linux Distros i have tried. I only use it for a couple of games and the Win 10 upgrade pop up was annoying so i downloaded and installed Never10.
Mind you, i will never use it as my main OS.. but it's ok.
Dits
Dits

http://chaletos.info

Back to top Go down

Post by James Tobin Sun May 29, 2016 9:10 am

I have been able to disable those popups on 8.1. but it just got so frustrating i couldn't keep using it. But that layout should have won the noble prize!
James Tobin
James Tobin

https://tobinbridge.zohosites.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down