Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chalet current state of affairs?

4 posters

Go down

Chalet current state of affairs? Empty Chalet current state of affairs?

Post by JeffK969 Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:41 am

Hello,
I'll try to make this short. I discovered, even in my late 40's, Linux last year. I tried Ubuntu on a virtual machine several years ago and
just didn't have the time to learn all the coding and so forth. But now, I find Linux amazing. I tried Mint on my old Vista machine. After
getting everything to the point I liked it, it was time to find an OS for my Windows 10 machine. I paid for and tried Zorin Ultimate. It
was more difficult to learn and understand then mint, and it just never felt right. So I continued my searches and after a while came
across ChaletOS. I feel now, like I did 7/8 months ago. I'm so fortunate. Chalet is awesome. I do my main PC work (Bills, Emails,
videos) on Chalet. I never want to use another OS (Other than Mint, which I also find awesome, but Chalet is a hair better
in my opinion, even with a internet strength/connection issue). So before I ask, I'd like to say Thank You to Dejan Petrović and all those
who may have helped. You are an artist. Chalet is a master piece of work.

So now I ask... I know Ubuntu 18.04 is now out. Is Chalet still being worked on? I saw a post somewhere saying it was abandoned. And
there's not a lot of recent post. Does Chalet have a future...? I pray so it does....

JeffK969
JeffK969

Back to top Go down

Chalet current state of affairs? Empty Re: Chalet current state of affairs?

Post by Dits Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:07 am

JeffK969 wrote:Hello,
I'll try to make this short.  I discovered, even in my late 40's, Linux last year.  I tried Ubuntu on a virtual machine several years ago and
just didn't have the time to learn all the coding and so forth. But now, I find Linux amazing.  I tried Mint on my old Vista machine.  After
getting everything to the point I liked it, it was time to find an OS for my Windows 10 machine.  I paid for and tried Zorin Ultimate. It
was more difficult to learn and understand then mint, and it just never felt right.  So I continued my searches and after a while came
across ChaletOS.  I feel now, like I did 7/8 months ago.  I'm so fortunate.  Chalet is awesome.  I do my main PC work (Bills, Emails,
videos) on Chalet.  I never want to use another OS (Other than Mint, which I also find awesome, but Chalet is a hair better
in my opinion, even with a internet strength/connection issue).  So before I ask, I'd like to say Thank You to Dejan Petrović and all those
who may have helped.  You are an artist. Chalet is a master piece of work.

So now I ask...  I know Ubuntu 18.04 is now out.  Is Chalet still being worked on?  I saw a post somewhere saying it was abandoned.  And
there's not a lot of recent post. Does Chalet have a future...?   I pray so it does....

Hi Jeff, i'm afraid ChaletOS is no longer being developed, although i believe you can still receive updates for your current version for another year or so. We haven't heard from Dejan for well over 12 months, even on his own Google + page. I’ve kept this forum going hoping he will come out of the wilderness again but it looks like ChaletOS is classed as a discontinued Linux OS. But at the moment, there's no reason not to keep using ChaletOS.

Cheers.
Dits
Dits

http://chaletos.info

Back to top Go down

Post by James Tobin Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:08 am

I still have a feeling that amid the launch of 18.04 more development will occur.
James Tobin
James Tobin

https://tobinbridge.zohosites.com/

Back to top Go down

Chalet current state of affairs? Empty Thank You Gents

Post by JeffK969 Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:14 am

For your rather quick reply... I feel like I just posted. I will keep my fingers crossed that he returns.

Can we send a search party?
JeffK969
JeffK969

Back to top Go down

Post by James Tobin Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:15 am

hmm, I just asked him on hangouts, I wonder if he'll reply.
James Tobin
James Tobin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sotelach Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:39 pm

James Tobin wrote:hmm, I just asked him on hangouts, I wonder if he'll reply.

Lets hope so, one way or another would be something.

Can someone not just take chaletos and continue it? or is it copyright or have copyright content to Dejan or others?
Sotelach
Sotelach

Back to top Go down

Post by Dits Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:15 pm

Sotelach wrote:
James Tobin wrote:hmm, I just asked him on hangouts, I wonder if he'll reply.

Lets hope so, one way or another would be something.

Can someone not just take chaletos and continue it? or is it copyright or have copyright content to Dejan or others?

I think anyone can continue to develop it if they know how.
Dits
Dits

Back to top Go down

Post by James Tobin Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:58 am

And have the time ~.~
Basketball
James Tobin
James Tobin

Back to top Go down

Post by JeffK969 Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:11 am

I take it no luck yet....??? LOL...

Oh well. But I can appreciate it for what is was... It was my first true Linux love, one that showed me Linux,
got me interested, to the point I'm never leaving and I've been learning to appreciate and enjoy a world void of microsh*t... And being my first true love, it may be gone, but never forgotten... And like some who may have troubles moving forward, I shall always keep the flame alive in hopes of re-uniting..lol

Honestly, I really do like Mint also. It's always been so close. And it's the trying to learn all the in & outs, tweaks, fixes that keep me involved. But I'll never forget what helped get me there....

JeffK969
JeffK969

Back to top Go down

Post by James Tobin Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:31 am

that's good to know.
You can also try upgrading chalet 16.04 to 18.04 packages and see how it works. it might kick and scream, or it might behave.
Code:
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
sudo do-release-upgrade -d
James Tobin
James Tobin

Back to top Go down

Post by JeffK969 Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:28 pm

Kind of curious... Has anyone spoken to Dejan? Is he OK? I can understand people getting busy in life with work, personal and such (and
I'm sure ChaletOS would take a considerable amount of time) but is he OK, like healthy, wasn't in an accident. Just curious, it's not like I know him, ever spoken too, met him. Regardless of Chalet, I would just wish him well, in good health.
JeffK969
JeffK969

Back to top Go down

Post by Dits Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:03 pm

The last time Dejan posted something was on Google + he posted something about Ubuntu about 12 months ago. Some have tried to contact him but no response.
Dits
Dits

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum