Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Change default loading background from grey to desktop background instead on boot?

2 posters

Go down

Change default loading background from grey to desktop background instead on boot? Empty Change default loading background from grey to desktop background instead on boot?

Post by Sotelach Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:24 am

When I boot into ChaletOS is there any way to change the default loading light grey background to match that of my desktop background?

Thanks in advance
Sotelach
Sotelach

Back to top Go down

Change default loading background from grey to desktop background instead on boot? Empty Re: Change default loading background from grey to desktop background instead on boot?

Post by Sotelach Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:58 am

I used the following method, it worked for me anyway.

I checked the image size within each of the following two folders and made two copies of the image I wished to use to match that size, I named one wallpaper.png and the other background.png.

I then replaced the wallpaper.png image within /lib/plymouth/themes/xubuntu-logo/ and then the background image within /lib/plymouth/themes/PMtheme/ with the corresponding ones I made previously. You may need to change permissions to enable you to replace the original image.

After this I ran the following command in a terminal ¨sudo update-initramfs -u¨ and restarted my PC.
Sotelach
Sotelach

Back to top Go down

Change default loading background from grey to desktop background instead on boot? Empty Re: Change default loading background from grey to desktop background instead on boot?

Post by ooseven Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:42 pm

Sotelach wrote:I used the following method, it worked for me anyway.

I checked the image size within each of the following two folders and made two copies of the image I wished to use to match that size, I named one wallpaper.png and the other background.png.

I then replaced the wallpaper.png image within /lib/plymouth/themes/xubuntu-logo/ and then the background image within /lib/plymouth/themes/PMtheme/ with the corresponding ones I made previously. You may need to change permissions to enable you to replace the original image.

After this I ran the following command in a terminal ¨sudo update-initramfs -u¨ and restarted my PC.

Can you give more in detaled on how in step by step.
I not new to linux but new to grub modifying. Already had to
reinstall a few times.

I have the picture I want to use.

TY

ooseven
ooseven

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down